Monday, August 15, 2011

Harvested on Saturday - Aug 13th

                                                                      Sweet Basil, Okra, Baby Chard, Eggplants
A cucumber is missing which we shared it with our neighbor. We have been picking sungold cherry tomatoes almost daily (missing from picture). These tomatoes are like instant treat for my toddler. I made a mistake of picking those 2 eggplants early as I thought they were little prince variety, these would have grown bigger.

Its harvest monday @ Daphne's Dandelions! Check out wonderful things growing and harvested.

3 comments:

RandomGardener said...

Nice harvest! I liked your okra fry. How do you make it?

Sarada said...

Thanks for visiting.
I use my standard recipe for any vegetable fry.
1. In some oil, add cumin + urad dal
2. When urad dal is golden brown, add slit green chilis+crushed garlic+curry leaves.
3. When above ingredients are imparting flavor, add the cut okra and fry till you feel okra is done. I do add some lemon juice for okra as it may not stick a lot with lemon juice
4. At the end sprinkle some salt and mix.

Only difference I found with home grown okra is they are quite tender and the green color retained even after they are done. Usually store bought ones get browned by the time they are done.
4.

RandomGardener said...

Lemon juice is a trick I will try with okra next time. Thanks for the recipe!