Monday, April 19, 2010

Petunias


Indoor germinated petunias
Its way too early for me to dream about petunias, but I am glad that I have few seedlings from indoor germination and bunch from winter sowing. Indoor germination rate was not great.The seedlings in the beginning are so tiny and it was hard to believe that they will even survive, but after seeing some true leaves, I am a bit confident something will come out soon. Winter sown seed germination is almost 100%. Looking at them it feels it may be little difficult to separate these densely germinated seedlings, but I am planning on transplanting them in chunks once I see some true leaves. I have my fingers crossed for the flowers. Last year I got one transplant container from a plant swap and it gave me so many beautiful flowers. Please check that container here .
wintersown petunias

No comments: